"We", "us", "our" and " Ashlee Laura" means Ashlee Laura through all its business divisions, including its subsidiaries ("Ashlee Laura").
Compliance with privacy legislation
Collection of personal information
Personal information is, essentially, information or an opinion about a person who is identified or reasonably identifiable. This information could include information such as your name, postal or email address, date of birth, image and financial details.
The type of personal information that we may collect from you will depend on the dealings you may have with us. For example, we may require more information about you when you apply for a membership rewards card (e.g. production of identification documents) than we may require to enable you to enter a competition or enjoy a treatment with us.
If it is reasonable or practical to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly, e.g. when you use our products and services or enter into arrangements with us. Depending on the product or service that we provide to you, or other purposes for which we collect your personal information, in some instances we may collect your personal information from third parties.
Use of personal information
The general purposes for which we may collect and hold your personal information (and share that information with related companies) include:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with the product or service that you have requested and any benefits you may subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service;
- to manage and administer a product or service to you on an ongoing basis;
- to protect your use of the product or service, and our ability to provide that product or service;
- to promote safety and security in our venues;
- to collect and use the physical location of your mobile device for security purposes and to provide you with alerts and notifications and other information on our products or services, for example if you have elected to use our free on property Wi-Fi service, or you have downloaded our mobile application and granted the application access to location services;
We may also use the information we collect about you, including information about your use of our products and services or those of third parties with whom we have a relationship, to keep you informed about our products and services, and the products and services of third parties with whom we have a relationship, where they are relevant to your continued use of those products and services or your preferences.
Information about the way and frequency with which you use our products and services may also be used by us for the purposes of quality control and to develop and improve the products and services that we are able to offer to you.
If you elect not to provide personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the goods or services you wish to obtain or that we would otherwise provide.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised to do so by or under law or where the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the law or for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body. This may occur under the laws that apply to our business, for example, where a regulatory authority requests information from us.
In addition, there are circumstances in which we may disclose your personal information to another organisation for particular purposes that are important to help us to operate our business. These circumstances are described in detail below.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will not sell your personal information to organisations outside Ashlee Laura.
We will only give another organisation access to your personal information when:
- the other organisation is providing services to us that help us to operate our business or to provide a service to you;
- there is another business reason for us to provide your personal information to that organisation; or
- we are required or permitted by law to provide your personal information to that organisation.
Such organisations include those that assist us:
- to provide, manage or administer the products and services that we offer. This includes service providers (such as mail house providers, printers and advertising agencies), postal services, call centres, customer research agencies and our advisers;
- to maintain, review, and develop our business systems, procedures and infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer software;
- with reviews of our business operations and structure;
- to collect outstanding debts; and
- with developing and planning new products and services.
We may also share your personal information with another organisation in relation to potential or threatened legal proceedings or disputes (whether between you and that organisation or between us and that organisation), including for the purposes of gaining legal advice, or to take action which we consider appropriate in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct, including investigating any such alleged activity.
We may also share your personal information with an organisation where we have obtained your consent.
We may also collect and use your personal information so that we can promote and market our products and services, promotions and upcoming events, and the products, services, promotions and upcoming events of third parties with whom we have a relationship, to you and/or to other persons (including for example by way of direct mail, telemarketing, targeted digital advertising, SMS, MMS messages, and notifications and alerts to your mobile device).
We will only send you this information if:
- you have indicated your consent to receiving such information;
- such information is related to the purpose for which we originally collected your personal information; or
- we are otherwise permitted to do so under relevant laws.
We send this information to keep you informed of our new products and services and special offers, but if you don't want us to do this, you can contact us at any time to let us know that you no longer want to receive this information.
We may collect and use personal information about you for security purposes, including for example by:
- collecting information from your driver's licence or other identification document/card when you enter our venues; or
- collecting your car number plate details when you park in the car park of one of our venues; or
- using information from your driver's licence or other identification document/card or from your car number plate details, to match with personal information we hold about you.
The venues in Ashlee Laura are subject to CCTV and audio surveillance for security reasons. We may collect your personal information through those means.
Your privacy on the internet
We provide links to other websites. These linked websites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the conduct of organisations linked to our website. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of any linked sites that you may access from our website before disclosing your personal information on them.
Information collected from your computer or other electronic devices
The information collected and used may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address; domain name; browser type; date and time of your request; your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider; and your online behaviour, such as information on the pages you visit, links you click, features you use, how and when you interact with the services, the content, images and advertisements you select.
If you use a mobile device to access our websites or online resources, we also may collect information about your device, such as your device ID and device type, as well as usage information about your device and your use of our mobile websites and other mobile resources.
Most internet browsers and mobile devices can be set to inform you when tracking technologies are being used or sent to your device. They also provide you with the option of refusing the use of tracking technologies, however, this may negatively impact the display or function of certain areas or features of our services.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information and ensure it is accurate, up-to-date and, when that personal information is used or disclosed, relevant to the purpose for which the information is being used or disclosed. Your personal information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. Our employees and service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Access to and changing your personal information
You are welcome to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please attend the relevant property from which you want to request the information and complete a request for information form, including your full name, address, account or membership number (if relevant), and signature. If you are unable to attend our properties to make a request, you can obtain a copy of the request for information form from the relevant property's website and send the completed form (along with a copy of your photo identification) to us using the details below.
Changes in the future
Additional information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Company e-mail addresses
Electronic addresses that are published on our websites are for professional communications only and this is not an invitation to send unsolicited commercial e-mails that are not related to our business.